THIS IS ME
- I'm an Aussie, a mum, an author and much more.
- I work in social media and marketing.
- I love spending time with my family and telling stories.
- I'm a fan of podcasts, reading, travel & tea
- I value kindness, friendship & creativity
- I have a house to run, a dog to walk and most days I feel like I’m swimming upstream – perhaps you can relate?
- I write children's books and young adult novels.
- I co-own a boutique publishing company with my daughter, who is a talented illustrator and artist.
- I am terrible at remembering names.
- I’m a recovering cyberchondriac
- I buy food magazines for the articles.
- I hate green peas so much don’t think I could eat one for a million dollars (all offers accepted though).
- I’ve never watched Game Of Thrones or The Walking Dead and have no plans to as I am a wimp about blood, gore and violence.
WHAT I DO
- I write about health, happiness and good habits for life.
- I create resources to help women eat well, move more, lose weight and feel great.
- I also write children's books featuring magical creatures like dragons, fairies and mermaids.
- I own a boutique press with my daughter, Delaney, who illustrates all my books.
- We publish children's print, audio and ebooks.
- I am available to hire for a range of creative and business services.
- I also work with brands to tell great stories. To find out more, please click here.
Many years ago I studied communication at the University of Canberra for a B.A. in Communication. I worked in public relations for 20 years.
I currently work as a social media manager.
I was born in North Sydney and grew up in Canberra’s original nappy valley. During my teens I became obsessed with good looking tennis players (hello Stefan Egbert) and decided a career in sports journalism was for me.
Luckily, at the end of year 12 I flipped a coin and chose to study public relations instead of journalism at uni. I say luckily because I have no real interest in sport and so that probably would have been a disaster.
As it turned out, being a spin doctor and event planner was tons of fun, but a lot harder work than it looked on Ab Fab. I still dabble in it, but these days social media marketing is my passion.
I’ve wanted to be a writer since my first book “The Best of 82” was awarded a highly commended in the St Thomas primary school book competition. Unfortunately so far that has been the highlight of my literary career. However, my daughter and I just finished our first children’s book so a girl can dream.
I started my first blog back in 1999. It was a geocities site dedicated to my newborn daughter complete with scrolling text, flashing headings and tinny background music. The photos loaded at a rate of 1cm a minute, but I was so proud of my little corner of the still mysterious world wide web.
Since then I’ve have many websites and blogs about whatever I was interested in at that time. They included things like motherhood, parenting, food allergies, cooking, travel, blogging and social media.